A journey is a discovery, a challenge and adventure. It brings you face to face with new people, habits and yourself. It makes you strong, experienced, responsible to set your milestones. Your journey is your growth.
This is my journey.
- What are your goals and timeline? Im 5’8″ (yes im that tall lol).My pre-baby weight – 145lbs, I gained 50lbs during pregnancy and my weight now is 152lbs. I actually surpassed my goal and I’m amazed at myself. I wanted this journey to be a lifestyle so I took it slow. It actually took me about 5 months to loose 38lbs and my goal weight was 155lbs.
- What is your motivation? Let me tell you a secret. If you a going on whatever journey your biggest motivation should be yourself. You don’t want to do it for societal or peer pressure. So my biggest motivation was my self haha. I didn’t like the way I looked in the mirror and I was so tired of feeling bad so I made up my mind to change it. If it’s in your hands then do it. I pushed myself and I did it and im so proud. My other motivation was my son and husband because I needed to be happy to better take care of them. Learn to love yourself and others will love you.
- What habits did you change? I changed my eating habits that’s one thing people forget to do. “Abs are made in the kitchen.” I cut out fatty and fried foods, oils, carbohydrate and my best friend sugar. When I tell you this girl here has the sweetest tooth ever. I always say if I can stop eating sugar everyone can haha don’t mind me. When I say sugar I mean no ice cream, juice, cookies. Reduce your intake of pizza, or any junk food. Your meal should consist of 50% vegetables, 30% protein, 10% carbs and 10% fruits and fibre. I worked out 3-5x in a week for about 30mins-1 hour. Now I do less, I admit I’m getting lazy. We have this misconception especially women not to lift weights because we will be so muscular. That is not he case because it depends on how much weights you lift. Its more difficult for women to build muscle than men. And also weight training helps you loose weight even at rest how cool is that. You can do cardio to increase your heart rate but weight train more. You want your skin to be firm. Ok let’s talk about weight training vs cardio for another day.
- What did you learn from this journey? I learnt to love and accept the changes that came with child birth. You are beautiful no matter how your body is. I learnt to be patient there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. Now I can proudly say I eat healthy and how I look doesnt really matter anymore. Because I eat healthy, my son and husband do too.
- What advice can you give to others? Consistency is key in whatever you do. Most people don’t see their results because there aren’t consistent enough. You probably the weight in a boat a year so why do you want to take a month to loose it. We get too hard on ourselves and I get it, its human nature. I did too. But just take a step back. Be patient and keep working on your goals. Also remember the scale is just a number. Measure your progress by your strength and how your clothes fit. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Leave a Reply